Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pear + Bleu Cheese Salad

Drinking: Ice Water
Listening to: Infinite Arms by Band of Horses


Finally a new blog post! Sorry about being so long between posts- I was busy vacationing/loving my life in Colorado for the last week and didn't bring a computer with me to blog.  This magical combination of pear, green onion, avocado, and bleu cheese is truly divine.  My mom first started making this salad a year or so ago and I have adapted it to be more my style.  The nice thing about this salad is you can control how much of each ingredient you want.  My measurements are pretty "topping" heavy with not a ton of lettuce.  I love big chunks of diced pear and avocado.

The first step is to start with the chopping! Check out all of these ingredients... 

smashed garlic... the beginning of all good things
crumbled bleu
greenery
candied walnuts and green onion
a very underrated fruit

And all together, they look even better.


Then I just layered and tossed! A super simple salad, with the right ingredients.


so many green layers!
I got this sweet salad dressing mixer from one of my sisters for Christmas.  The stick down the middle has a stirrer at the bottom that blends the dressing as you pull the green loop up and down.  Also, you can spin the green loop to a locked position to keep the extra dressing in the bottle for later.  The dressing in this salad contains apple cider vinegar, red wine, chopped garlic, olive oil, salt, sugar, and mustard.

<3 kitchen gadgets
I poured the dressing on, tossed, and DONE.  So easy and so delish.


I bet you will be craving this salad after the first time you make it.  The nice thing is it makes a pretty big salad, and if you don't add all the avocado at once you can take some to work for lunch the next day.  It is definitely big enough to feed the whole family.

Pear + Bleu Cheese Salad
Makes: 6 dinner salad servings
Time: 30 Minutes

Ingredients:
Salad
1 head lettuce torn in to bite sized pieces
2 pears, cored/peeled/diced
1/2 c bleu cheese, crumbled
1 avocado, diced
3-5 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 c candied walnuts

Dressing
1/3 c olive oil
2 tbsp red wine
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 clove garlic, chopped
black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Layer all prepared salad ingredients.
2. Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
3. Toss salad with dressing.



You can pin this with the 'Pin It!' button below! I have added it to all of my blog posts.

Enjoy, and please let me know if you make it :)

Nat


No comments:

Post a Comment