listening to: Lotus album 'Build'drinking: this margarita!
Last summer I made a habanero pepper simple syrup to add to margaritas and it was SUPER spicy. So this time around I wanted to go a little milder- I made a jalapeño simple syrup and it turned out perfect.
Shaken with some fresh squeezed lime juice, agave nectar, tequila, and triple sec and you will not be able to resist. I may already be on my second one now...
This was the perfect way to wind down after a long week!
Makes: 1 cocktail
Time: 2 minutes to combine
2 limes, juiced
1 oz jalapeño simple syrup
1 tsp organic blue agave nectar
1 oz silver tequila
1 oz triple sec
Jalapeño Simple Syrup
2 parts sugar
1 part water
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
1. Bring water to a boil, then add sugar and peppers.
2. Turn off heat and let sit until syrup is cooled.
3. Strain peppers from syrup and store in an air tight container until ready to use.
4. Fill shaker with ice.
5. Add all ingredients and shake well.
6. Pour in to glass, garnish with leftover peppers, and enjoy!
My college roomies came to visit a few weeks ago and one of my them gave me these beautiful table linens to use as backdrops for my blog! I will be experimenting with them over the next few posts. I love them, thanks Mal :)
Who is going to make a margarita this weekend!?
Don't forget to pin this for later.